Tuesday, July 2, 2013 - 10:36am
As we gear up to take up the fight in the House, check out these articles highlighting some of the work of our member organizations in the struggle for immigration reform.
- Haaretz highlighted the work of Jewish groups on J-1 visas for summer camp staff and the work HIAS has done to make the Lautenberg Amendment peremenant. The law helped facilitate the exit of hundreds of thousand Soviet and Iranian Jews among other minorities.
- The Star Tribune included A Jewish Perspective on Immigration Reform discussing the history of Jewish immigration and the role of religious leadership in immigration reform.
- JWeekly covered a rally in San Francisco led by Jewish organizations that invited "people to bring pictures of family members who immigrated to the United States and spoke in favor of congressional immigration reform that would prevent families from being broken up."
- The Sun Sentinel printed a piece co-written by leading South Florida rabbis from three denominations on their support for immigration reform.
- The Jewish Exponent highlighted a letter signed by over 80 Jewish leaders in Pennsylvania Jewish groups to pressure their Senators to support immigration reform. "As legislation to overhaul the nation’s immigration laws appears increasingly likely to pass the U.S. Senate, the Philadelphia Jewish Coalition on Immigration is working to ensure that the bill also makes headway in the House of Representatives."