The Roundtable had a successful Voter File training on August 6 in Washington, DC. 35 people from 13 organizations came together to learn about our new, exciting project to enable collaboration through access to data and cutting-edge technology.
Participants in the Roundtable Voter File Training learned what the voter file is, how to use it for existing organizational programs, and gained a better understanding of the power of this tool in the short and long-term.
- Stories from other nonprofits about how they use the voter file and similar models
- Technical training on how to use the voter file, from State Voices
- Small group discussions to workshop plans for using the voter file and Jewish model
- Briefing from the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center about expected 2016 ballot measures
Special thanks to our wonderful trainers:
- George Christie, Senior Program Manager at State Voices, who understands better than anyone the many ways varied organizations have successfully used the Voter File
- Kellie Dupree from the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center, who will give us a sneak peek into potential 2016 ballot initiatives
- Andy Garcia from the Equality Federation, who has creatively used the voter file and a similar model to fight discrimination of LGBT Americans
We are grateful to the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism who hosted us!